Activities & Attractions
Exciting things to do at Frog Mountain Getaway
We offer the following activities on our magnificent 40 ha farm:
- Fabulous round swimming pool in natural surroundings
- Swimming in river and wonderful rock-pools at the waterfall
- Canoes for guests' use on the river
- Exciting foefie-slide over the river - adrenaline for the whole family you wont want to stop
- Hiking in the Langeberg Mountains on your doorstep
- Bring your mountain bike and ride the 8km farm road, or explore the surrounding epic mountain bike trails in Swellendam. Our farm road is perfect for children to ride their bikes.
- Bird-life plentiful - twitcher haven
- Fishing for the whole family in our well stocked dam - catch & release - Tilapia (Bream)
- Children's playground with/jungle gym/tractor plus mini soccer-field
- Historic Reception Barn for guests use: including, table-tennis, board games, mini-library (borrow a book) and DSTV.
- The Barn can also be used as a gorgeous multi-purpose venue.
- Central LAPA with indoor braai for groups
- Our very own Labyrinth – at the end of a perfect short walk up the hill – perfect walk to clear the mind.
- Beautiful shaded picnic spots at the river, under indigenous trees
- Many little havens for being alone, meditating, or simply being quiet in nature
- Farm animal family: Come and meet our friendly donkeys, three horses, Nguni cattle, 4 friendly farm dogs (Silki will be your friend forever) and multitude of rescue cats!